Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Prep for a great career with Grand Teton Lodge Company & Vail Resorts by sharpening your culinary skills and expertise in a fast-paced, large volume resort environment. When not preparing amazing food for our guests; enjoy exploring two national parks in your backyard: Grand Teton National Park & Yellowstone National Park!
The Butcher’s Assistant is responsible for opening, setting up, running and closing of the prep station assigned, in addition to preparing all proteins to the specification of the butcher, and should be able to assist other line cooks and cook assistants, pantry assistants on a day to day basis for prep. The Butcher's Assistant should additionally work to ensure the safety and cleanliness standards of the kitchen are upheld.
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from Mid-May through October 5th. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Lift and carry 50+ lbs
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours each shift
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Basic culinary and knife skills
- 1 year of previous culinary experience
- Culinary degree or certificate, or equivalent work experience
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $100/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing, linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 299590