Mount Snow makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn’t you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are looking for patient, caring individuals who love working with children ages 5-6 to join our team this winter. Our Ski Instructor Aides assist with outdoor supervision, organization and assisting coaches with of our Ski guests ages 5-6, as well as assisting with lift riding - all while attending to the physical, emotional and cognitive needs of students in a way that promotes fun, safety and a positive learning environment. This position is generally for non-certified Skiers wishing to train to be a certified Ski instructor when they reach qualification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a Ski Aide for our Ski Instructors teaching our 5-6 year old Ski classes
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of children’s corral and learning areas
- Help Supervisors and Ski Instructors with check in and check out on snow-front
- Ride the beginner lift with 5-6 year olds. Help children load and unload the chair lift safely
- Assist children with snack, lunch and bathrooms breaks when applicable
- Assist with supervision of the children throughout the day
- Positive, informative and courteous communication with guests
- Ability to interact on appropriate level with children
- Enthusiasm toward children
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to Ski at beginner and intermediate levels
- Ability to safely ride the lifts with 1 or 2 children
- Share a love for winter sport and a reverence for the outdoors
- Have an attitude that is cooperative and supportive, creating a “team spirit” working environment
- Good guest relation skills with children and adults.
- Work in fast paced, somewhat stressful and intense environment.
- Ability to perform medium work (defined as exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
- Must be age 16 years or older per our Kids on Lifts policy for all Ski School programs.
Part time positions are available starting mid-November through until end of March. We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us in providing our guests with a superior recreational experience and an attitude of constant improvement and excellence. We offer great recreational benefits and resort discounts!
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 442627