Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Boston Mills Brandywine is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we’ve started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All employees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime!
The Bar-Back position is responsible for being a friendly and helpful support staff to the bartender. The Bar-Back is responsible for keeping station clean and well stocked throughout the day. Must enjoy working with guests. The successful candidate will assist the bartender in stocking beer, liquor and wine as well as all supplies needed in the bar work station; Assists management with product ordering needs; Monitor liquor costs and minimize waste; Provide consistent, excellent one on one guest service to our guests. This position involves controlling pour costs, controlling alcohol security, proper service to guests, as well as, product ordering and inventory. Guest service is the most valuable component of this position.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working knowledge of liquor, beer and wine; Heavy lifting of kegs, cases of product, etc.; Maintain a clean and neat workplace and dining room area; Daily cleaning and side work duties.
- Educational Requirements: HS Diploma or GED
- Communication Requirements: Ability to speak, read and communicate clearly in English.
- Excellent guest service skills: Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Cash handling experience is preferred in order to assist when needed
- Ability to work in an outdoor, snowy environment; Shoveling snow will be required
- Ability to work in a loud environment
- Previous food and beverage experience
- Food Handlers Card - Preferred
TIPS certification – Required upon employment
Boston Mills and Brandywine are two of the best mountains for picturesque sunsets and skiing terrain for all levels. With your help, our guests can enjoy epic experiences at one of Ohio’s premier winter destinations. Join our team today. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 254574