Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Retail Supervisor is responsible for supervising staff, sales, operational and merchandising functions of the retail department to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world-class guest experience. This is achieved by creating a welcoming impression, leading the Resort priorities and modeling our company’s values.
- Responsible for maintaining business standards and has increased decision making authority, acts as manager-on-duty in absence of other management presence
- Responsible for guest experience in retail department; regularly interacts with guests to solicit feedback, resolve conflicts, and to accommodate special requests when appropriate
- Responsible for merchandising, inventory management, and overall department management
- Responsible for hiring/staffing, training, scheduling, payroll, evaluating, communicating and coaching of staff members and assigning work to meet business needs and overall morale goals for the team
- Responsible for performance management/evaluations of all Retail Department employees; monitors quality of staff to encourage exceptional guest experience
- Responsible for promoting workplace safety programs
- Fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed including performing more complex tasks involved in retail concepts, practices and procedures
- Responsible for sales generation and growth, inventory control, controllable expenses, cash management, merchandising, loss prevention and department appearance
- Possess a broad in-depth knowledge of rental equipment
- Follow all company standards in regards to paperwork, cash management and loss prevention standards; including securing and counting all required cash.
- Deliver an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service at all times
- Drive business by increasing average dollar per sale
- Serve as a resource and knowledge base for new and existing employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- 1-3 years previous leadership experience or demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and lead others
- Ability to perform in a high paced, variable, multi-faceted environment with the ability to multi-task
- Rental equipment trouble-shooting knowledge; ability to inspect and test simple tools and equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age – Required
- Physical strength and ability to: respond appropriately to unplanned situations; stand for long periods of time; kneel, stoop, bend frequently; lift 50 lbs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Windows based applications and internet based software – Preferred
- College degree / experience in a relevant field – Preferred
The budgeted range starts at $15. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 277609