Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
You are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. Provide guided fly fishing excursions on the Snake River within Grand Teton National Park and make every effort to help customers catch fish, while teaching and informing them of the ecology of the river and its surroundings. Educate clients on special nature of the native fish they are pursuing and the fragile balance that must be kept. Strictly enforce, follow, and promote catch and release practices. Guides must keep the safety of their customers foremost in mind and must abide by Wyoming boating regulations, Wyoming Game & Fish laws, and Grand Teton National Park laws & regulations at all times.
- Guides must own their own drift boat, and be properly licensed and insured.
- Guide must utilize their own personal vehicle to tow their boat, and be willing to transport clients in their vehicle. Vehicle must be cleaned and properly maintained at all times.
- Guide must provide their own high quality type III life jacket, and a minimum of two complete fly rod and reel packages.
- Guide must have a current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification.
- A commercial livery insurance is required, with a $500,000 per occurance coverage with appropriate entities listed as additional insured.
- Guide must have a current fishing license
- Guide must possess strong river knowledge and have a focus on safety at all times. Must have experience rowing drift boats on large rivers, and a full understanding of swift water rescue methods.
- Must practice river stewardship, leave no trace, and pack it out standards.
- Must have knowledge of aquatic insects.
- Able to provide fly casting instruction and ability to tie knots and rig rods for clients.
- Must maintain a professional appearance, and be punctual at all times.
- Prior to departure discuss Park re-entry with the guest and insure that they have their park entrance fee receipt with them.
- Be prepared with a lunch and ample water (clean cooler with fresh ice), safety equipment and fishing gear.
- Ensure all fishermen in the fishing party have the correct fishing licenses.
- Aid them in carrying their supplies to the guide boat and make them comfortable for the trip. Advise them and be sure they have any gear they may need before the trip begins, such as life jackets, rain gear, etc. Guide is responsible for providing life jackets and a safe boat environment.
- Be aware of weather conditions and advise customers of possible rain or windy conditions.
Give the client lessons and direction on how to fly fish, how to use the gear, how to properly handle and release fish and how to sit in the boat in a safe and comfortable manner and assist them in catching fish!
- Return guests to the place of the trips origination or to a mutually agreeable ending location.
- Check your boat and car for any personal items that the clients brought with them.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to provide own fishing gear as outlined by manager
- Maximum Weight Lifted: 51 – 100 lbs
- Required to provide and maintain their own livery insurance
- Valid CPR or first aid card is required
- Successful completion of MVR
Hospitality: You must be committed to superior guest service and quality standards. As a team member of your department you play a key role ensuring the team’s success and achievement of meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations. Our goal is to receive a minimum of 88% on our guest comment scores.
Environmental: The Flagg Ranch Company is entrusted with protecting the environment of the John D. Rockefeller Memorial parkway. As part of this mission you are responsible for carrying out our core environmental values: promote renewable energy, reduction of waste, protection of wildlife habitat, catch and release practices and environmental education. You should strive to preserve, protect and inspire your team members and our guests to join in this effort.
Health and Safety: You are responsible for working in a safe and healthy manner. You must be knowledgeable of the company’s work safe policies and procedures. You must know how to maneuver the boat is a safe and stable manner, give instructions to clients to ensure they are safe on their own. Assist with entry / exit of boat while the boat is anchored and stationary.
NPS/Community Relations: You must be committed to working in partnership with the National Park Service and community organizations to enhance our guests’ experiences. Our goal is to receive only fours and fives on the five point rating scale used by NPS.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 435627