Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job:
The Manager, Employment and Internal Investigations works directly with the Employment Law and Human Resources teams and investigates complex and high risk matters, including violations of company policies, workplace disputes and EEO issues, concerning financial, safety and reputational issues for the Company. The position partners with diverse stakeholders throughout the company to mitigate risk, and achieve high levels of compliance, accuracy and quality in investigations, reporting and resolutions of issues. In addition, this position analyzes data and metrics to proactively identify trends and issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts, plans, organizes, and leads investigations, including conducting interviews, site visits as needed, reviewing personnel records and past practices, creating investigation plans and making finding of facts.
- Acts as a neutral party, and advocates for a balanced perspective and outcome.
- Listens, identifies, and distills essential information needed to assess and resolve problems.
- Works collaboratively with others, fosters effective working relationships, maintains confidences, and exercises sound judgment and discretion especially in dealing with sensitive, high risk, and complex legal and HR issues and situations.
- Investigates and responds to EEOC and state fair employment agency discrimination charges and other types of employment-related agency complaints
- Inspires trust and builds strong relationships with HR, Employment Law and Operational teams based in geographically dispersed locations.
- Proactively identifies trends and issues to mitigate risk.
- Organizes, synthesizes and analyzes varied and complex information, problems, and data, including quarterly reporting on investigations, metrics, and SLA adherence.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years’ investigation experience with a preference for experience investigating EEO, ADA and employment related complaints, as well as interpreting policies and regulations
- Ability to analyze and synthesize key insights gleaned from Investigation data and analytics
- Experience conducting complex investigations, including interview methods, techniques, data analysis, reporting
- Ability to gather relevant data, analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives and make sound recommendations on complex investigation
- Experience in a matrixed, fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, partners and work streams
- Working knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies and procedures
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines and present recommendations logically and persuasively
- Exercises tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 222711