Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Join us now and receive an end-of-season bonus of $2/hour for every hour worked!
Ski coach positions only at this time, snowboard needs have been secured.
Share your passion! Entry: Coach will have deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to provide exceptional training and racing experience to our participants. With a constant eye towards safety and a teaching-strategy centered around fun, our coaches will build lasting relationships with our athletes. From beginner to advanced, our team works to ensure participants get the most out of their seasons with us.
- Provide quality ski or snowboard instruction to groups and individuals
- Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing / riding, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills
- Uphold the highest level of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions
- Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and general public at all times.
- Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous racing and/or coaching experience
- Must be able to complete required training upon hire
- Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have Customer Service Skills
- Must have Communication Skills
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
The budgeted range starts at 15.00-20.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 394318