Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Ski and Ride School (SRS) and Summer Camp Activities Manager is responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience. In addition, they are accountable to the financial success of the SRS and Summer Camps and contributes to the financial success of those departments. This is accomplished by focusing on the guest, the community, the employee, the company, personal development, and job-specific responsibilities. The Manager is also responsible for developing innovative ideas to re-imagine operational efficiencies and drive customer satisfaction.
- Direct and monitor the quality of overall products and staff at the location, including SRS and Summer Camps Leadership Teams, instructor, summer counselors, rental and SRS support staff, to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, development of future products/programs, hiring, and professional growth of all.
- Direct and monitor all summer camp licensing compliance with our State Licensed School Age Children, Mobile Day Camp License.
- Maintain strong relationships with 3rd party stakeholders imperative to our summer and winter operations specific to SRS and Summer Camps; USFS, BLM, NPS, Dept. of Health, State of Colorado Child Care Specialists, Local Fire Department, CBI/FBI & Trails Background check units, and Towns of CB and MT. CB.
- Work directly with School and resort management team and provide tools, training, and tactics to ensure the quality of products and services for our guests. Provide feedback, growth and leadership opportunities, and appropriate training to develop SRS and Summer Camps Leadership Teams. Meet and greet guests daily and role model exceptional guest service. Resolve guest concerns and implement guest recovery strategies.
- Use feedback from School and resort Net Promoter Scores, Guest Satisfaction Survey results and Employee Engagement Survey results to drive program initiatives.
- Work with the other leaders, General Managers, Director, and Sr. Managers to support and achieve quality, financial, and safety targets, and overall Ski & Snowboard School, Resort, and Company goals.
- Help create and implement the training plan and monitor the quality of training for all the functions of the children’s School, and greater SRS. Work with the Training Lead and training team to evolve and improve training for SRS Leadership Team, Summer Camps Leadership Team, SRS Support Staff, and Instructors.
- Role model, lead and support School, Resort, and Company safety programs and Department Safety Business Plans. Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations. Responsible for following up on and tracking worker's compensation incidents and claims.
- Know and model the School teaching system and guest service guidelines and be prepared to lead clinics and teach the public if necessary. Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (PSIA/AASI).
- Maintain an effective working relationship with private clubs and lodges in the area to help deliver a seamless, exceptional guest service experience.
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of buildings, sales facilities, the base of the mountain, on-mountain facilities, Kid’s Adventure Zones, terrain-based learning areas, the ‘yard,’ signage and program imaging, teaching terrain and locker rooms.
- Maintain a global view for managing and improving the location. Work closely with the SRS General Manager to make operational adjustments and contribute to innovations for the entire School.
- Responsible for department purchasing/receiving and budget acumen with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly budgets.
- Plan and organize school groups and local programs in coordination and communication with the school systems and local community.
- Three or more years as a full-time instructor at a recognized ski and snowboard School
- Current professional instructor certification; PSIA/AASI Level 2 minimum
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and strong system learning agility
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and leadership/leadership development skills
- Public speaking and writing experience
- Five or more seasons of supervisory experience
- Background in using RPOS or equivalent POS system
- Experience working at the supervisor level within an adult or children's ski & snowboard school
The budgeted range starts at $56,000 - $67,400 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443429