Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
This is a patrol tryout for next season. You will be required to attend one day between Feb 28th - March 7th, if needed a day pass will be provided. This is an all day tryout where you will be evaluated on your skiing or snowboarding, ability to learn, and overall fit for the team. We will be running tobaggons, doing simple medical scanarios, hill work, and a beacon test. No prior experience needed, all these drills are to asses your ability to learn and work under pressure with a new skill.
For skiing and snowboarding we will be assessing short radius turns, long radius turns, side slipping, getting in and out of your gear of steep terrain, high speed stability, kick turns or flat land 180, and ability to navigate the slopes safety.
Attending this tryout does not garentee you a spot on the team for next season, but is a requirement to be considered when applications open for the next season in July.
Ski Patrol is responsible for performing guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, mountain sweeps, lift evacuation and explosives handling.
- Supervising and promoting guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions
- Assisting injured guests on the mountain and administering first aid
- Transporting injured guests off the mountain using a toboggan or supporting air lift operations
- Performing trail closures at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Maintaining trails, such as removing trees that have fallen on runs utilizing a chainsaw or other equipment
- Transporting and setting up mountain safety equipment
- Transporting supplies and heavy equipment to areas of need, on skis or snowboard
- Avalanche mitigation including safely transporting and placing explosives on the mountain and stabilizing snowpack and cornice edges on skis
- Driving snowmobiles to various areas of the mountain, as needed
Qualified candidates must first pass the patrol ski test
- Must be available for Full Time work from October 28 throught mid-April
- High School or Equivalent required
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) required
- Basic knowledge of computer required
- Must be at least 21 years of age required
- Must have excellent guest service skills required
- Must work well in a team required
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment required
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment required
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions required
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Previous patrol or experience at a Vail Resorts® mountain resort preferred
A medical certification is not required as we host our own OEC course. We have limited spots and it will be awared on a first hired, first served basis. More information can be found at http://nsoecintensive.blogspot.com. Students will be responsible for the cost of the course.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 279207