With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
MICHAEL MINA'S BOURBON PUB
From the culinary mind of Chef Michael Mina, comes Bourbon Pub. A concept proven in the San Francisco Bay Area and transplanted to the Sierra. Northstar's rendition of Bourbon Pub will offer a casual atmosphere with reinvented pub fare such as Truffle Tater Tots, Al Pastor Pork Ribs, and Fennel Stuffed Salmon. Experience Bourbon Pub in the winter of 2020.
The server assistant is responsible for cleaning and resetting tables in the restaurant, maintaining stock of glassware, flatware and other materials needed in the restaurant, polishing all glassware and flatware prior to use for service, maintaining the cleanliness of floors, chairs, tables, and restaurant service areas, and removing trash and recycling.
- Housing: Currently Available
- Outlet: Bourbon Pub
- Starting Wage: $15/hr
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full & Part Time
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete assigned opening and closing sidework duties.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- May act as food runner by carrying out and delivering food and maintaining service window.
- Have explicit knowledge of all menu items and their preparation.
- Bring bread, butter and water to table.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear plates, glassware, and flatware from tables after guests have finished dining.
- Take soiled tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops and chairs. Check floor and clean as required.
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and accommodate their needs. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Ensures the presentation of every plate going into the dining room with the whole order to the correct table.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper table set up, menu and course descriptions and the restaurant organization.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude towards guests - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Previous restaurant experience, specifically 1 year minimum sit-down dining server - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 4th, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Learn More About:
MINA GROUP: https://www.michaelmina.net/
Northstar Village Dining: https://www.northstarcalifornia.com/explore-the-resort/the-village/dining.aspx
Perks & Benefits: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/vail/content/Vail-Perks-and-Benefits/?locale=en_US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 445947