Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Kirkwood is an adventurers dream. We are 45 minutes from South Lake Tahoe, an easy drive that provides an escape from the bustle of the Tahoe basin and our smaller size creates a real family connection amongst employees. We have terrain for all abilities and some of the best conditions in the Tahoe area. This is an incredible winter location for the thrill seekers, adrenaline junkies, or those just trying to get away from all the crowds! We are known for record snowfall, intense storms, backcountry guided tours and some truly epic runs. Close-knit doesn’t begin to describe the friendships between employees both in and outside of Vail on the mountain, and the ski community we have here.
Come check it out for a season and you won’t be able to stay away!
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
The Restaurant Support worker is an active contributor to the functionality of the restaurant and can show the versatility and range to complete multiple tasks throughout the day. This unique role will provide the right candidates keen insight and understanding into the complex operations, daily activities and processes of the restaurant. Among other things, Restaurant Support workers are responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of food to guests in the restaurant. They will also assist with clearing, cleaning, and resetting tables in the restaurant, maintaining stock of supplies, flatware and other materials needed in the restaurant, maintaining the cleanliness of floors, chairs, tables, and restaurant service area, and removing trash and recycling.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering exceptional service to our guests from the beginning of the service day until the end.
- Must be able to assist all guests in a timely and efficient manner, while maintaining a high level of flow through check-out lines.
- Directly responsible for the stocking, organization and cleanliness of their assigned cashier station scramble area and the surrounding areas. Brewing coffee for guest purchase, stocking fountain soda machine with ice, stocking the cocoa machine, etc.
- Responsible for accuracy of point-of-sale. Also responsible for completing point-of-sale check-out and turn-in procedures and paperwork.
- Responsible for set-up, operation and tear-down of outdoor concession stand and other mobile food operations.
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dining room area, restrooms, food court, cash stations, loading dock, exterior patio, and other restaurant areas as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with snow removal from patio decks and tables.
- Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised by FB Management.
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage supplies.
- Must be friendly and courteous with guests at all times - required.
- Minimum 1 year of prior food service experience - preferred.
- Previous fine dining experience as a busser or host - preferred.
- Experience with varied cuisine styles and food plating - preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 4th, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 397848