The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Mini Bar Attendant is responsible for the restocking, inventorying and accounting of honor bars in guest rooms. Responsible for all menus in every room.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Will report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules
• Restock inventory and account for honor bars in guest rooms
• Answer telephone according to procedure and etiquette
• Upsell food and beverage by suggesting items
• Exhibit extensive knowledge of menu, wine and beverages
• Ensure effective working knowledge and operation of the micros system
• Responsible for checking in and out keys and pager
• Maintain security of refreshment bar items
• Greet guests in public areas; offer help and information, guides guests to hotel areas
• Properly enters rooms using room service standards, greets guests by name, respects “Do Not Disturb” signs, returns to rooms that are occupied
• Record used mini bar items accurately
• Assist service staff in setting up orders
• Handle guest request without transferring guest calls to other areas
• Remove tables, trays from corridors and notifies manager
• Notify manager of any guests comments or complaints on a daily basis
• Complete sidework and other tasks assigned by manager
• Complete requisitions
• Complete proper cash envelopes, deposits and shift reports
• Make copies, file paperwork
• Assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
• Responsible for the menus in every room daily. Change menus in timely manner and log information.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your Supervisor assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules.
• Report to shift on time
• Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell and the Aspen Skiing Company
Education, Experience & Skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• 1 year related experience required
• Basic knowledge of wine, food and cooking methods
• Excellent organizational and telephone skills
Work Environment/Physical Activity:
• Ability to carry heavy loads such as trays and tables (40-60 pounds)
• Ability to pull heavy loads (300 pounds)
• Standing, bending, and stooping required