We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
The Staff Accountant- Capital Project and Asset Management is responsible for analysis and accounting of capital project transactions and the related fixed assets; preparation and review of journal entries; balance sheet account reconciliations including any additional quarterly and year end reporting; ownership of policies and procedures related to capital project and capital assets accounting. Compliance with SOX requirements, and additional ad-hoc analysis, as required.
- Preparation of reports for various internal and external reporting groups as it pertains to open capital projects, capital assets and other areas of responsibility
- Maintaining proactive involvement with operational personnel regarding Capital Projects and related assets for assigned geographic region and related resorts
- Preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations - ensuring timely recording of activity
- Interface with internal and external auditors to maintain and provide supporting schedules and selected documentation for one-off, quarterly and calendar year audits
- Develop and maintain SOPs for processes that involve multiple systems and groups
- Interface with financial reporting group regarding various ventures relative to capital asset information and special projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years’ experience in an Accounting or Finance position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Ability to quickly become Subject Matter Expert on Corporate Financial Systems (PeopleSoft Financial)
- Excellent attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture"
- Commitment to developing leadership skills through coaching, mentoring, and reinforcing best practices
- Self-starter with a drive for excellence and a proven ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Strong communication, interpersonal, & customer service skills
The budgeted range starts at $45,000 - $55,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343331