Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Mural Room Bar is a Service bar. The Take Out Attendant/Service Bartender is responsible to operate the bar efficiently and provide quality and consistency of all drinks prepared, serving all alcoholic beverages responsibly as outlined in TIPS training in accordance with the state laws. This individual maintains par levels for all alcohol items at the Mural Room and is responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of the Service Bar area.
The Take Out Attendant/Service Bartender may also be asked to cover the employee cantina, The Whistle Pig. In this location, the Bartender is additionally expected to monitor alcohol consumption to ensure responsible alcohol service, while recording all sales on the Point of Sale as appropriate. This individual is also expected to follow company procedures for cash handling and check control, and maintain proper cash bank accountabilities as appropriate.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Stock bar and prep daily with juices, fruit and garnishes
- Conduct inventory and inform managers and servers when items are out of stock.
- Maintain a positive and professional rapport with all staff and customers.
- Ensure prompt, accurate service with anticipation and compliance of all guests’ needs.
- Know and adhere to all drink recipes as prescribed by Management.
- Monitor alcohol consumption & behavior of guests to ensure responsible alcohol service. Stops service as necessary.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all beverage storage areas.
- Responsible for maintaining all Beverage equipment in operational order. Report all maintenance concerns to the Maintenance department
- Assist in the opening and closing procedures of the Beverage departments.
- Rotate to work in the Whistle Pig Cantina.
- Record all sales on the Point of Sale. Follow company procedures for cash handling check control, and maintaining proper cash bank accountabilities.
- Maintain a professional, well groomed appearance and pleasant demeanor.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous bartending experience
- Be knowledgeable in wine service
- Prior Point of Sale experience
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work long hours and varied shifts
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be TIPs certified
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Inventory management skills
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 297029