Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately and efficiently process lift access products while capturing guest data;
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings;
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives;
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service, internal & external;
- Be part of a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, handle concerns and suggestions;
- Perform daily sales and closings; be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit;
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed;
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at the same time;
- Follow company/department policies and procedures;
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses;
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of the Skier Services Departments;
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail;
- Perform other duties as appropriate;
- Provide the "Experience of a Lifetime" for our Guest and fellow Employees!
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software;
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays;
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs;
- Able to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently;
- Intermediate or better computer skills. Must be able to use mouse, keyboard (25WPM), and learn new software. Should have basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection;
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products;
- Fun, outgoing personality traits;
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously;
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with clients;
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations.
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software;
- Previous guest service experience;
- College Degree;
- Cash handling experience;
- Outdoor Enthusiasts
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Carpool Incentive program
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 397208