Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers at all times.
- Assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups, and vegetable dishes, butchering meats, poultry, and fish.
- Assist with proper plating techniques.
- Assist with the preparation of various breakfast and/or luncheon entrees and side dishes.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheeses, etc.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving and storing.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture, and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Assist with various inventory control and ordering tasks.
- Assist in menu planning for assigned meals/functions.
- Additional tasks as assigned, based on individual experience.
- High School diploma, or GED – required.
- At least two years food preparation and service experience – required.
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations – required.
- Previous supervisory experience – preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and quality control methods – preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – required.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Food Handler’s Permit – required.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 301828