Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As part of Vail Resorts, all Hidden Valley employees receive a FREE ski pass providing access to all of our 34 iconic ski resorts across North America. Employees and dependents can ski anytime, including weekends, with no reservations required (with the exception of possible blackout days if limited terrain is open).
Service Agents are a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and are responsible for selling tickets and season passes at various ticket office locations. Agents deliver outstanding customer service and provide quality information about all products and services to our guests.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Provide EXCEPTIONAL guest service
Accurately and efficiently process lift access products, retail products, and activity products while capturing guest data.
Make suitable product recommendations to meet guest needs and business objectives.
Handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external.
Assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, concerns, and suggestions.
Perform daily sales and closing procedures and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit.
Multi-task - interact with guests and perform computer sales functions at the same time.
Create a fun and professional work environment.
Follow company/department policies and procedures.
Participate in resort and departmental trainings as required.
Be willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS as required.
Be willing to become proficient in multiple POS systems encompassing guest services and F&B operations.
Take initiative to perform “out of the box” duties/actions for internal and external guests.
Perform other duties as appropriate.
Use of a resort radio as a form of communication with other resort employees. It is expected that all radio communication will be professional and polite – required
Willingness to work a varied schedule, including?weekends and holidays?
This role may occasionally require the employee to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Employee must adhere to and enforce all COVID-19 mitigation policies for both guests and staff.
Employee must self-administer a health screening each day before work.
- Passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry.
- Comfortable requesting guest information during every transaction including health stats such as height/weight
- Punctual and can start work at 8:30am each morning.
- Possesses exceptional guest relations and communication skills.
- Has an enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in English.
- Able to retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all resort products.
- Quick to learn and adjust to product and pricing changes.
- Possesses strong organizational and teamwork skills.
- Able to develop a quick rapport with internal and external guests.
- Able to stay calm and perform well in busy and stressful situations.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Above average typing skills.
- Prior experience with POS software.
Resort Operational Details:
- This is a part-time seasonal position for summer operations.
- Anticipated dates for summer operations are June 4th – September 6th
- Anticipated shift times are 8:30am to 3:30pm. Start/end times may flex based on operational needs
- Employees will be required to attend select training dates during the month of May.
- Budgeted compensation for this position is $10.30/hr
Hidden Valley has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers over the last thirty years. Join us in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests at St. Louis’ premier winter destination. Your epic journey begins here. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 302587