Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job:
Hourly seasonal full time associate fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed. Extensive professional knowledge in all things fly fishing is paramount. Photography, writing, entomology, guiding experience and fly tying expertise.
- Extensive fishing knowledge in regards to fly tying, guiding, entomology, rods, reels, fly lines, travel gear, optics, waders, insect hatches, destination travel, booking guided trips
- Assist in maintaining and administering fly fishing operational expectations by following policies and guidelines
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating a proficiency in freshwater and saltwater fly fishing, maintaining a professional standard of service
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Maintain all company paperwork and guided trip bookings to our standards
- Assist Store Manager with fly fishing classes, fly tying classes, periodic professional guiding, training of new employees, extensive fishing product knowledge and entomology is key
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees as well as the standards Taylor Creek upholds as an industry leader
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals. Receiving inventory properly with supervision
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new as well as previous fly fishing industry products and trends; demonstrate a deep knowledge of fishing products
- Communicate ideas and issues with Store Manager. Assist in writing of weekly articles and gathering content for fly shop social media
- Drive sales through direct communication with store employees to ensure customers are provided with the highest level of customer service and river knowledge, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance
- Model customer service for employees and promote sales whenever interacting with guests, many of them have been fishing with Taylor Creek for years
- Walk the floor regularly to restock, answer questions, etc
- Extensive knowledge of flies and new rod, reel and line technologies
- Ensure that all safety standards are being observed at all times, in the store and on the river
- Demonstrate and enforce company values and ethics
Our staff at Taylor Creek Fly Fishing have been perfecting their form longer than any other outfitter in CO. Using the close proximity of the Frying Pan River – literally outside our door- and a variety of other great spots a mere 30 minutes away, our store takes the guest experience to the next level. Our staff loves what they do and love sharing how they do it with their customers. www.vailresortscareers.com\
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 308551