Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Lead Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets. Acts as store department lead and helps ensure the department had appropriate inventory levels.
Starting Wage:? $21 / hour
Shift & Schedule Availability:? Full Time - Nights, evenings, and weekends.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Serve customers by developing a rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of sale.
- Provide customer with the highest level of customer service for assigned department through professional, courteous and knowledgeable assistance to ensure individualized needs are met with respect to equipment, product, and /or merchandise.
- Aid and assist other departments as needed.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Effectively communicate product and supply needs to management.
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policy.
- Drive business by increasing units per transaction and average dollars per sale.
- Assist in the training of new sales associates for assigned department.
- Maintain proper merchandizing standards for assigned department.
- Adhere to all company policies and guidelines.
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products.
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques.
- Ensure all proper housekeeping methods and overall cleanliness of department is adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Passion for Skiing/Snowboarding
- 1 year of Ski/Snowboard rental experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and elevate questions or concerns to management
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
The budgeted range starts at $21- $22. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 458988