Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Do you enjoy the “great outdoors?" Would you like to spend the summer minutes away from some of the country’s best hiking, climbing, fishing & sightseeing while receiving a paycheck? If this sounds good to you then come and have the “Experience of a Lifetime” working in the majestic Grand Teton National Park, located between Yellowstone National Park & historic Jackson, Wyoming.
The Carpenter is expected to provide carpentry and cabinet shop skills to maintain or construct company facilities, furniture and fixtures; construct forms and finish concrete for small projects; and other duties as assigned.
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from May through early October. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Prior carpentry experience
- Operate shop equipment such as table saws, cutoff saws, jointers, planers, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license/ Successful completion of MVR
- Must be physically capable of lifting loads up to 60lbs
- Must have own hand tools
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Sheet rock installation and finishing experience
- Installation and repair of ceramic tile
- Glass replacement (glazer) experience
- Capable of reading shop and construction drawings
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak, and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $100/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing, linens, and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi (unavailable at Flagg Ranch)
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 294968