Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Intermediate Associate: Bike Mechanic:
Vail Resorts Retail (VRR)
Bicycle Village is Colorado's finest bike shop and an integral part of the Colorado cycling community. Our customers are a diverse cross-section of multicultural people, from novice riders who enjoy cycling for recreation, to world-class professional athletes and everything in between. They expect the best from us whether they are shopping for bikes, components, clothing or accessories. And at BV it's not good enough to do just enough, we consistently exceed expectations.
Our Bike Mechanics are responsible for assisting in store service operations, to expertly provide quality tune-ups and repairs, building bikes and offer a world-class customer experience, contributing to the success of the team and the entire company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interface with the customer to assess service needs
- Inspect, repair, and service customers' bicycles
- Assist in generating bike and accessory sales
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Communicate with store management to achieve a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
- Minimum of 1 year bike mechanic experience in a retail store
- Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery
- Passion for cycling / bicycles
- Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Basic computer skills
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
Learn More About Bicycle Village
Vail Resorts Retail operates over 200 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Minneapolis, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Some of the benefits include:
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee discounts at our retail stores; including bikes and parts
- Free ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts; including Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail & Beaver Creek
Founded in 1974 Bicycle Village has remained a Colorado owned and operated business for more than 30 years. From our modest beginnings to our now five sprawling stores we a have become part and continue to grow Colorado’s cycling community. We offer guided bike tours, demo days and even spinning classes in our stores. We outfit professional tri-athletes, downhill mountain bikers, work commuters and family alike. You can also take advantage of being part of the Vail Resorts family with employee perks, such as a free ski pass to our world-class resorts, discounted lodging, and more. Join our team and become part something much bigger… become part of the Colorado cycling community and Vail Resorts. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 195528