Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Job:
The Senior Manager, Paid Retention is a data-driven, guest-centric marketer with a passion for driving results utilizing insights on guest motivators and barriers for repeat visitation within the Vail Resorts portfolio of resorts. This role will be specifically focused on leveraging guest insights to define business objectives and strategy to drive penetration and repeat visitation for the Paid Lift business. This role requires strong analytical capabilities as well as the business acumen to translate quantitative and qualitative data into action. S/he will work with other members of the Lift Revenue Team to achieve KPIs to include retention rate and reactivation rate, while working cross-functionally to execute campaigns targeting retention and growth. The Senior Manager, Paid Lift Retention role is intended for individuals with a high sense of ownership, demonstrated background in driving results through data-driven strategies, and excitement in solving the most critical business problems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ownership over strategies to drive retention through clearly defined business objectives and KPIs
- Demonstrated background leveraging guest insights and data to drive effective go-to-market strategies that deliver clearly definable results
- Leverage best practices and innovation to drive transformation in business results
- Leverage data to draw clear narratives on performance and compellingly communicate business performance based on complex data sets
- Leverage cross-channel partners to optimize and evolve lifecycle marketing strategies using all channels to increase retention of and drive conversion towards our Paid lift products
- Proven ability and experience in defining strategies and tactics to drive and improve guest retention
- Experience driving integration of predictive model insights into go-to-market campaigns
- Work closely with cross-channel teams to execute guest contact strategies targeting retention growth
- Experience leading cross-functional testing strategy and working with teams to execute and monitor real-time A/B test performance
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and communicating opportunities in the guest journey to focus test and learn plans to incentivize behavior and increase return rate
- High-Potential Leader with high learning agility, emotional intelligence, and ambition, with the ability to identify and develop talent
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop cross-functional partners in the execution of key performance initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in business or related field preferred; MBA or other advanced business learning or coursework preferred
- 6+ years of relevant work experience including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and multi-faceted efforts
- Experience with analyzing information and data to make decisions
- Experience in being a self-starter and self-motivated efforts without the need for daily direction
- Experience supporting and working with C-level executives in a business environment
- Proven track record for problem solving, showcasing success using different skill sets
- Experience in building compelling presentations to clearly communicate business results and strategies
- Ability to lead by influence versus role authority
- Technology advocate and highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Motivated by and excited to work on high-visibility, business critical projects and initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Applies systems thinking to generate new thoughts and opportunities; has ability to build on strategic and innovative thoughts/ideas.
- Continuously adapts to changes and effectively navigates through ambiguity; decides and acts without having the picture totally defined; appropriately changes one’s strategy in response to new information.
- Drives for results – makes things happen and conveys a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates project/program management and analytical skills with the ability to identify and understand complex problems, make decisions, create plans and solutions, and take action.
- Effectively manages cross-functional stakeholders and possesses a working knowledge of change management.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212149