Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Entry Lift Electrician works as a productive member of our team to ensure the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment (including ski lifts) at Park City Resort.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and basic use of hand tools, battery testers, soldering irons, volt/ohm/amp meters, oscilloscopes, and industrial/personal computers.
- Climbing and working at heights up to 130 feet.
- Operation of snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, four wheel drives, and some heavy equipment.
- Most work is performed outdoors in a mountain environment, sometimes with temperatures down to -20°.
- The job requires a valid driver’s license
- Working on systems up to 600 volts AC/DC
- Ski resort experience preferred
- Arc flash and Lock out/Tag out training preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills
- A good understanding of basic AC/DC electronics and the ability to read schematics - required
- The ability to identify and replace specific parts on an electronic assembly while under the direction of a higher level employee.
- HS Diploma or equivalent – required
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently - required
- 2 years previous electrical experience - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - required
- Knowledge of AC & DC Drives, AC & DC Motors, up to 1000 HP, PLC - preferred
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds - required
- Able to work outside in inclement weather - required
- Able and willing to work weekends, holidays and evenings – required
- Ability to Ski Snowboard at an intermidiate level
- Proficient with Schematics, component identification, ciruitry and IEC drawings
- Use fault indicators provided on lift controls to troubleshoot and repair basic malfunctions on lift systems.
- Working on or around energized electrical equipment
- Safely replace any component of a lift system with minimal supervision.
- Have a basic understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers, basic ladder logic, and how PLC’s can interface with personal computers.
- Track temperatures on electronic drive controls, motors, and maintain work orders and logs.
- Be able to locate and become familiar with the American National Standards Institute B77 code and the National Electric Code.
This full-time year-round position includes:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, and access to our 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Ski and snowboard privileges including free mountain passes for yourself and eligible dependents
- Discounted and/or free lift tickets and ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, retail, rental and food rates
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 219298