Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
This is an experienced cook with a strong work ethic and an interest in furthering one’s culinary career. Displays good culinary skills and has a general understanding of specific cooking techniques. Has basic knife skills, and the ability to develop competent knife skills. Ability to handle own station, work off prep list and complete station set up in time allotted, fabricate items to standard during service and completes prep list for next service period. Inspects food preparation and serving areas within the restaurant to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices. Understands the importance of standards, speed, and quality. Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills. Understands and practices HACCP principles. Has own culinary tools or is prepared to purchase them if needed for outlet.
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Culinary degree/certificate. -preferred
- Previous culinary experience. -required
- Previous experience cooking for multiple outlets. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English. -required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish. -preferred
- Current certification in state Professional Food Handler Program. -preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk briskly for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings, afternoons and evenings. -required
Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
Discounted bike haul & golf
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
401(k) Retirement Plan
Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 215487