Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Our Corporate Accounting team is hiring a new leader to become the Senior Manager of Accounts Payable. This role reports to the Director of Shared Services and is based in the Company’s Broomfield, Colorado headquarters.
This role is integral in providing business leadership to continue building and reimagining the Accounts Payable department to drive process transformation in our transactional processing activities. Duties include but are not limited to managing invoice processing, payment processing, P-Card processing, T&E processing, vendor account reconciliations, and communications with vendors and internal staff. Ensure that invoices are processed accurately in a timely manner, problems are resolved quickly, monthly accruals are accurate and validated, and weekly/monthly reporting including KPI’s are reported timely to the leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have experience with implementing AP automation technology solutions and be well versed in process improvement with a strong understanding of full cycle procure to pay.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Accounts Payable team, which is currently a team of 30
- Identify opportunities across Accounts Payable to support process efficiency and automation opportunities
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems with a focus on simplifying and standardization
- Act as a point of escalation for Accounts Payable and business process owners and ensure timely remediation of issues
- Develop and report Key Performance Indicators on SLA’s with a focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency to the internal customers
- Ability to lead and complete projects
- Maintain a controlled process environment, ensure timely completion of tasks, identify and mitigate risk in processes
- Process invoices for critical suppliers and assist with other vendors
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations and journal entries
- Ensure compliance with SOX by monitoring and reporting on key control
- Develops leadership skills in others by coaching, mentoring, knowledge sharing and reinforcing best practices
- Demonstrate positive and professional attitude toward staff, co-workers, internal and external customers, and management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 8 years accounting or accounts payable experience
- Minimum 4 years managerial experience in a high volume, fast paced environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; advanced excel skills
- Strong attention to detail; excellent communication skills both written and oral; must be able to handle a fast paced, high stress environment
- PeopleSoft, Coupa, OnBase, and T-Recs, experience preferred
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206648