Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Location: Vail, CO
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year Round
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage experience possible while maintaining a profitable department that is environmentally responsible. Manages the flow and proper execution of all al a carte and beverage operations.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to atmosphere, service and quality of food and beverage products by adhering to the Resort brand/ performance standards.
- Assists in the selection, training, supervision and success of all Tavern employees and beverage staff members.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive team.
- Delegates authority appropriately to staff members and follows up on all duties and issues to ensure timely completion.
- Is actively involved in the operation through daily interaction with both the staff and Resort guests.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities in both the daily operation of the department as well as in long-term visioning.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Responsible for the dining room and bar's appearance, consistency of set up, food and beverage service and quality of the experience.
- Coordinates daily pre-shift huddles to educate the staff on resort information and conduct daily training standard.
- Ensures that all employees are in proper uniform and execute their job according to the Vail/RockResorts brand performance standards.
- Responsible for various administrative tasks including: scheduling to the forecasted business levels, posting weekly schedules in a timely manner, monitoring weekly payroll, ensuring par levels are maintained and that all equipment is on hand and in excellent condition.
- Enforces internal cost and labor controls.
- Adheres to the departmental budget and payroll forecasting to lessen the amount of overtime.
- Maintains excellent communication between different departments in the resort as well as within Tavern on the Square.
- Handles disciplinary issues that may arise in a prompt and professional manner according to resort guidelines.
- Oversees the proper and safe use of all equipment.
- Meets with Meeting Planners and Sales/Event Managers as needed to coordinate special menu planning and themed events.
- Responsible for attending numerous Resort wide meetings and communicating all relevant information to the Banquet team.
- Oversees the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf in the summer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212192