Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Summer Day Camp Counselor will supervise and lead groups of children between the ages of 5-13 years in organized indoor and outdoor daily activities at the Breckenridge Summer Day Camp. Responsibilities include maintaining a safe environment for the children and following all state licensing rules and regulations. Assist with check-in and check-out of children. Communicate with parents on a daily basis. Help maintain a clean and organized facility. Outdoor activities may include hiking, biking, and a variety of other activities in a high alpine setting. This exciting and fun position will lead scenic educational hikes and teach environmental conservancy.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in all operational responsibilities of the programs including but not limited to registration, equipment, outdoor teaching areas, cleanliness of facilities, and all other facets of the programs as they exist
- Responsible for the overall safety of camp participants
- To further promote and act as a role model in the area of the responsibility code, safety and risk awareness as prescribed by resort's safety policies
- Contribute to team effort by participating in job sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees, participating in safety meeting, and accepting diverse assignments
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor with all co-workers and guests on the mountain.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor
- As a customer focused organization, a crucial part of each employee’s job is to create and retain guests by making it easy, being friendly and having a positive, fun attitude!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to meet Colorado State requirements for all background checks and immunization records
- Must be able to communicate easily and effectively in English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- All personnel must be free from illness and conduct that would endanger the health, safety, or well-being of children
- Valid driver's license
- At least one year experience working with children, especially in groups or a camp setting
- Upon interview must demonstrate an ability to work with school aged children, and knowledge of child development
- First Aid and CPR certification (must be able to attain by June 1st if not current)
- Background in education
- Prior experience working as a summer camp counselor
- Experience facilitating science based curriculum
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206173