Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Located in the heart of the Breckenridge, Colorado ski resort, Mountain Thunder Lodge features cosmopolitan luxury, in a rustic mountain setting. As one of Breckenridge's ski-in/gondola-out properties, visitors are still discovering this gem of luxury, convenience and personal service. Come join our world class team as a full time year round Engineering Maintenance Technician.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain all facilities and operation systems in a safe and efficient working order (i.e. auto doors, exit doorways, required snow/garbage removal)
Inspect facilities on a regular basis, using a standard checklist. Inspections include lights, appliances, plumbing, interior building structure (doors, windows, walls, and floors), heating and ventilation systems, smoke and fire alarm systems, etc. Deal with a variety of emergency or unusual problems that may arise.
- Assist with preventative maintenance in common areas, guest rooms, and building equipment.
- Managing time efficiently and professionally during guest issues and project deadlines.
- Preferred trade skills: carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing and mechanical, electrical, diagnostic and troubleshooting, irrigation, minor electrical
- Skid steer experience - preferred.
- Plowing experience - preferred.
- Can work a flexible shcedule including some evening shifts (Ex: 2:30-11PM)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues individually when needed.
- Attend to any work orders and both guest and departmental/employee requests and be accountable for all time worked for billing procedures
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Provide for safe disposal of all waste material
- Work with outside contractors to provide necessary improvements or maintenance as directed
- Maintain records of all work activities and support materials through internal work order program
- Provide written reports to other departments as needed
- Maintain professional appearance
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time; ability to lift and carry heavy objects, bending, squatting.
- Use of ladders to access equipment rooms throughout the property.
- Ability to work around motors, pumps, gear boxes, boilers, chillers, etc. Work will be performed around potentially moving parts requiring safety precautions to be taken.
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- High school diploma or trade school degree
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience and/or trades training, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Prior building maintenance experience - required
- Must be willing to obtain CPO license
- Valid driver’s license - required
- Good basic knowledge and skills in the building/construction trades, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting/construction trades, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting/wallpapering, smoke/fire alarm systems, heating and ventilation systems, etc.
- Ability to deal with guests in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to use general office communication equipment
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 194287