Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Do you enjoy the “great outdoors?" Would you like to spend the summer minutes away from some of the country’s best hiking, climbing, fishing & sightseeing while receiving a paycheck? If this sounds good to you then come & have the “Experience of a Lifetime” working in the majestic Grand Teton National Park, located between Yellowstone National Park & historic Jackson Wyoming.
The Plumber's Assistant is responsible to aid the Plumber with the maintenance, repair and installation of all new and existing plumbing apparatuses and equipment components located at our various facilities.
This job is generally scheduled 40 hours per week with two consecutive days off allowing ample time to enjoy your surroundings. Our operating season is typically from May through mid-October. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season. Housing and Meals provided.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting the plumber on the repair of all phases of plumbing-related problems including sewer stoppages’, inspection of grease traps, fire hydrant repair, and new installations.
- Attend training and observe all applicable OSHA and other regulatory compliance programs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required by human resources and the EH&S office. Programs include, but are not limited to: permit-required confined spaces; respiratory protection; blood-borne pathogens; personal protective equipment (PPE); hearing conservation; lockout- tagout; spill prevention, control, and countermeasure plan; drivers safety; and, general proper operation of machinery and equipment.
- Use all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as instructed by supervisor.
- Every Maintenance Department staff member will be assigned other technical work within the department when maintenance crisis occur within the company or work in their particular technical field is temporarily or permanently reduced. This job summary is intended as a guide, it is not an all inclusive job description.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The “must haves” for this position include:
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $100/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing, linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 316868