Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Do you love working in food & beverage? Do you strive to deliver superior customer service to all bar guests? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Colter Bay Ranch House Bartender is responsible for the efficient operation of the bar as well as the quality and consistency of all drinks prepared, serving all alcoholic beverages responsibly as outlined in TIPS training in accordance with the state laws. The Bartender is additionally expected to monitor alcohol consumption & behavior of bar patrons to ensure responsible alcohol service, while recording all sales on the Point of Sale. This individual is also expected to follow company procedures for cash handling and check control, and maintain proper cash bank accountabilities.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet guests by offering them a warm welcome
- Ensure prompt, accurate service with anticipation and compliance of all guests’ needs
- Follow through with staff sales incentives and up sell all customers in order to maximize revenues to ensure the financial success of the Beverage dept
- Stock bar and prep daily with juices, fruit and garnishes
- Conduct inventory and inform managers and servers when items are out of stock
- Maintain a positive and professional rapport with all staff and customers
- Know and adhere to all drink recipes as prescribed by Management
- Record all sales on the POS, follow company procedures for cash handling check control, and maintaining proper cash bank accountabilities
- Maintain a professional, well-groomed appearance and pleasant demeanor
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Minimum 1 year bartending experience
- Previous Food and Beverage Point of Sale experience
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work long hours and varied shifts
- Must be at least 21 years old
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Knowledgeable in wine service
- Inventory management skills
- Ability to deal with a diverse international group of employees and guests
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 299318