Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Service is the foundation of everything we stand for at Vail Resorts and our retail employees are no exception to this experience of a lifetime. Responsible for providing high-end customer service and store support, our Retail Management staff are knowledgeable representatives of our brand and culture inside our retail stores ready to assist with any of our customers’ questions and provide premium products.
- Starting Wage: $25/hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time Available
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Location: TBD
- Lead daily operations, monitoring performance and budget including scheduling and payroll; act as manager-on-duty in the absence of a Store Manager
- Maintain daily store records for performance, sales metrics, inventory control and equipment rentals (if applicable)
- Hire and train employees in POS system operation, product knowledge, guest service, sales techniques and loss prevention policies and procedures
- Monitor team performance and behavior to provide meaningful feedback and direction, providing recognition or correction action if necessary
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and provide excellent customer service through timely response to customer questions, suggestions, complaints, and recognition
- Participate with leadership forums providing feedback and input on store performance, training, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned, including specialty areas like merchandising and rentals
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; Business area training or education preferred
- 1-3 years of retail supervisor experience; ski industry preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment, multitask and manage multiple customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, and weekends
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English
The budgeted range starts at Starting at $25/hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 467252