Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Bike School Mini Shredder and Club Lead Hand - Full-Time - Summer Seasonal
Position Status: Full Time (30/40 hours/week) Seasonal June 15 – Sept 4, Hourly. Schedule is Sunday to Thursday. Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as they have predefined start and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
Job Summary: You will be responsible for overseeing the operation of the Mini Shredder and 6 – 8 year old club program at Blackcomb Base. You will be supported by the DFX CLUB supervisor, who will be located in Creekside. You will provide support to all the coaches when needed, assist in teaching lessons, and help deal with any issues as they arise. You will help in the formation of groups at the start of the season, communicating with parents and coaches with any issues within the groups and finding solutions as needed. You will ensure that each coach is providing a fun, safe and memorable learning experience for all children and providing the highest level of duty of care.
What you’ll be up to:
- To continually strive to exceed our Guests’ expectations and to create an experience of a lifetime for all
- To independently, effectively and efficiently, supervise the day to day running of the Blackcomb Club programs and operations and provide immediate response to product and service shortfalls.
- Pre season set up of the program, building groups and communicating with parents.
- To effectively lead, facilitate and mentor all staff and facilitate appropriate job challenge and job satisfaction
- To communicate with guests before and during programs to ensure guests are well informed and are placed in the correct groups, facilitate any changes that are needed through out the season.
- To develop, implement, schedule and lead training sessions and provide personal and professional development for staff
- Initiate corrective and disciplinary action with staff as necessary.
- To ensure that proper safety procedures are followed by all staff
- To ensure that all guest concerns and complaints are handled with satisfactory results and that appropriate follow-up is done
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Problem solver and self motivated
- Extensive resort supervisory skills in a comparable program – minimum of 2 years supervisor experience
- Minimum of 2 years bike coaching – level 2 PMBI certification an asset
- Experience working with 3 to 5 year olds
- Good physical condition and able to ride most trails in the Bike Park and in the valley
- Local trail knowledge
Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 210627