Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
This position includes member relations, ensuring play is tracked and managed, protecting and controlling assets, assisting with managing golf staff, assisting with running tournaments, conducting lessons, assisting with golf shop operations and providing other professional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience. This job requires a minimum of three years of experience at a PGA facility or either actively enrolled in the PGM Program or a member of the PGA of America.
Position length: early May – early October
- PGA Membership or enrolled in the PGM program
- Must have 3-5 years’ golf operations experience
- Must have a valid Driver’s License or passport
- Knowledgeable in RPOS, Jonas, and Microsoft office
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Previous guest service experience and excellent guest service skills
- Willingness to learn and to teach lessons
- Able to work entire season
- Experience with tee time reservations and management
- Extensive knowledge of the game of golf
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Professional presentation / PGA standards
- Excellent guest service and follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Assist with financial and operational performance of the golf shop operations and golf services
- Ensure all financial goals and objectives are being achieved
- Assist the Head Golf Professional as well as the team in managing the facility in an efficient, high-quality, service-oriented manner.
- Oversee the reservation system, starting, monitoring, and pace of play
- Track and verify all players and guests, rounds, green fees, golf cars, club care, lockers, handicap fees, other charges necessary, and facilitate accurate accounting and recordkeeping
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, motivate, coach, discipline and supervise entry level golf shop staff as well as outside service
- Oversee outside staff time clock punches
- Assist with tracking group play, group sales, guest retention ? Assist with running golf tournaments at a high level of standards
- Assist in training, supervising and motivating the staff to meet facility objectives, especially in providing exceptional customer service.
- Assist merchandise manager with retail merchandise concessions in step with the mission of the golf operation and facility
- Assist with maintaining a profitable golf merchandising operation
- Provide an enhanced golf instruction program offering individual lessons and group clinics for all levels.
? Lesson Income
? Group service fee gratuities
The budgeted range starts at 17.00 - 23.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include ? Free ski passes for employees
? 401(k) retirement plan
? Accrued Sick Time
? Discount lift tickets for friends and family
? Free ski lessons
? Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
? Discounted bike haul & golf
? Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
? Critical Illness and Accident plans
? Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
? Free ski passes for dependent
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 397627