Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hunter Mountain Resort, Hunter, NY USA
The Health and Safety Manager will plan, oversee and document all aspects of specific Health and Safety Programs. S/he will work closely with Health and Safety leadership, Operations, Legal and HR to create, build, implement and key Health & Safety Initiatives. S/he will scope & estimate potential programs for project development, and, for approved projects, ensure that the scope and direction is on schedule and budget. This person will lead, negotiate and influence across all divisions and locations, as required, to ensure successful program project completion.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the Health & Safety function by anticipating business challenges and developing best-in-class H&S program/ project solutions for the enterprise.
- Execute projects according to project plans; monitor timeline traction and critical risk indicators, making adjustments as needed to ensure successful implementation of the project while remaining on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Work collaboratively with H&S professionals, Operations, Legal and HR to accomplish collective goals and objectives.
- Maintain good communication between project team members and key stakeholders. The ability to operate and influence in a matrix environment without having authority is critical to success in this role.
- Drive change programs associated with projects, including process redesigns, communications, and training.
- Oversee and advise on implementation and sustainment of programs/projects.
- Integrate third parties, as required, into project plans and execution, e.g., monitor & hold accountable.
- Conduct trend, ROI/cost-benefit, and best practices research and analysis; prepare reports of findings and develop recommendations and presentations for the H&S Leadership based on research.
- Support the execution and tracking of all H&S fiscal year initiatives and provide regular updates to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, public health or industrial engineering required
- 7+ years experience successfully planning and executing large & small-scale projects
- Proven experience leading a team to achieve objectives in a matrixed environment
- Minimum of three years managing third party vendor relationships
- Experience successfully leading and implementing change
- Experience accomplishing objectives through others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including project management software, Visio
- Professional certification in safety, health or environmental e.g. CSP, ASP, REHS,
- Knowledge of Health & Safety practices including Behavior Based Safety
- Advanced/Expert Skier or Snowboarder
- Previous Ski Industry Experience
- Ability to influence colleagues above and below current level
- Ability to successfully build relationships and interact with all levels in the organization, including senior executives
- Strong team player
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong stakeholder communication skills
- Results orientation
- Critical thinking
- Customer orientation
As a premier, world-class resort in the Catskills, guests at Hunter Mountain can expect the ultimate ski experience with service to match. Join us and become a part of a team who takes pride in providing the best of what the mountain has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211630