Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The primary responsibility of this position at Breckenridge is to ensure the safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts, with emphasis on proficiency, instruction, safety, and leadership in all areas of Lift Maintenance. The Mechanic ensures that the Lift Mechanical Manager, Lift Dispatch, and Department Director are immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair the assigned lifts
- Interact professionally with lift operations staff and assist with lift operations training
- Be able to follow safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools- required
- Basic knowledge of electrical or mechanical operations- required
- Ability to define each major component of a lift and its purpose- preferred
- Ability to lift 100 lbs. and
- Able to stand for long periods of time of up to four hours
- A valid US Driver's License -required
- Ability to work on high structures, outside, and under inclement weather -required
- Maintain a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays- required
- Be able to obtain climbing certification -required
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213447