Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
What you’ll be doing:
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s and internal customers’ expectations and to provide them with the finest mountain recreation experience.
- Perform nightly scheduled and unscheduled patrols, lock-downs and unlocks of Whistler Blackcomb properties ensuring security of property and assets and the safety of our employees and guests.
- Deliver daily deposits from outlying locations in secure manner.
- Perform daily collection of documents and cheques from assorted locations and make deliveries in a secure manner.
- Generate daily e-mail reports of patrols completed, incidents, events and findings.
- Report need for maintenance or repairs to patrol vehicles as required.
- Assist guests or staff as requested or required to ensure efficient operations and excellent customer service.
- Generate and issue security incident reports to location managers as required
- Respond to security and fire alarms, investigate cause of alarm events and document findings. Contact emergency response personnel as dictated by the WB Emergency Response manual or as otherwise required.
- Liaise with security or outside contractors, Whistler Bylaw Officers, Whistler Fire Dept. and RCMP as required.
- Review security system data bases and live or recorded security video as required
- Maintain organized and accurate records.
- Maintain voice and e-mail communications.
- Assist with issuance or return of keys to inventory as required.
- Document and promptly communicate the need for maintenance of security infrastructure and all facilities as they arise especially where safety issues exist.
- To respect the confidentiality and privacy of staff and guests at Whistler Blackcomb and adhere to all related corporate policies.
- Must Possess BC Security Guard license having completed Basic Security Training.
- Demonstrate our core values around Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age in order to drive company vehicles
- Applicants must be able to communicate and read/write in English well enough to carry out common/daily duties. Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must. Those speaking English as a 2nd language may be subject to a language proficiency exam.
- Ability to manage conflict. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary and must be able to work effectively with people.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications. Prior use of proprietary security software and video surveillance systems is an asset.
- Class 5 BC drivers license with satisfactory abstract.
- Bondable – criminal record check required.
- Previous security background or employment history with Whistler Blackcomb is an asset.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 215987