Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Ensures accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll for assigned business unit(s). This position requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines. Must be able to provide Payroll and Time & Labor support to employees, supervisors, managers and HR Operations staff. Must demonstrate a desire to get involved. At least one year of payroll processing or accounting experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for understanding payroll processing requirements for and support of at least one (1) operating unit
- Bi-weekly payroll processing
- Uploads for bi-weekly pay
- Payroll Adjustments
- Process voids & reissues
- Process off-cycle checks
- Process seasonal PTO, severance and relocation as assigned
- Coordinate payroll audits/reviews to ensure accuracy of pay and identify potential errors
- Provide Time & Labor support to HR Ops, Managers, Supervisor and T&L Users
- Research and resolve payroll issues
- Coordinate printing, packaging and distribution of checks/advices as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience preferred
- At least one year of payroll and/or accounting experience preferred
- FPC, CPP or willingness to complete coursework and sit for exam as part of personal development
- Must have good working knowledge Microsoft Excel, Outlook Word and One Note.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Strong analytical ability.
- PeopleSoft, Excel, Word & Outlook required. PowerPoint and One Note preferred
- Equipment Used in Job includes Computer, Phone, Check Printer, and Folding Machine
- Occasional Holidays/Weekends/Evenings
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We offer a variety of professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212107