Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Security Public Safety Officer
The Security Public Safety Officer is primarily a guest service position that provides a variety of loss prevention, fire and life safety, and access control services to iour mountain and our guests.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Respond promptly and professionally to guest and employee situations, events and requests, realizing these will not always fall within the scope of specific departmental responsibilities.
- Perform patrols during assigned shifts in a manner that designated facilities are completely checked on a regular basis as deterent against any and all problems, and so that problems that do occur are recognized and dealt with promptly.
- Be knowledgeable of other departments so as to be able to assist in assuring the maintenance and upkeep of facilities and equipment, as related to security and safety issues.
- Be responsive to emergency situations and ensure that required notifictions are made.
- Prepare coherent , legible and complete professional reports under existing guidelines.
- Work with local public safety agencies to resolve various situations and concerns.
- Be familiar with Communications Center operations.
- Be familiar with shuttle operations.
- Be available upon reasonable notice to fill any patroller, Communication center, or shuttle shift.
- Valid driver's license - required.
- Completed criminal background check - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Good written and oral communication (english) - required
- Great guest service skills - required.
- Able to work independently - required.
- Computer proficient, primarily with Microsoft Office applications - required.
- Able to lift 100 lbs required.
- Knowledge of Vail Mountain and its operations - Preferred.
- EMT or first responder certification - preferred.
- Intermediate skier/snowboarder - preferred
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213868