Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
You are the copilot, concierge and safety engineer of a multi-million dollar machine. You are responsible for the safe, friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate premier terrain. Make our guests feel welcomed by joining our team as a Lift Operator!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the operation of the lift continually and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions
- Maintain a safe work area, i.e., ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
- Perform snow work, i.e., shoveling, raking, sweeping chairs.
- Adhere to all ski/ride policies, i.e., Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
- Pleasantly greet, make eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest’s needs and or questions, in person, outside of the lift building
- Actively and efficiently perform maze control
- Abides by operating procedures, i.e., opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly
- Help to preserve our natural environment
- Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain
- Remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit
- Must be able to stand outside in inclement weather for long periods of time
- May lift up to 40 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting.
- Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety.
- Must be able to maintain control and rational demeanor in emotionally charged situations involving guests and/or employees.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to deal with high volumes of guests in a professional manner.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 215608