Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
This exciting year-round career opportunity includes competitive compensation, a robust benefits package, a dynamic resort based work environment, and a flexible time off plan. The primary objective of this role is to plan, organize and manage the operation of the Vehicle Maintenance program in its entirety. This leader will also hire, train, supervise and provide overall staff development as well as plan, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Plan, supervise, and coordinate all daily vehicle maintenance and repair operations
- Provide supervision of staff; including training, and performance evaluations
- Confer regularly with staff to plan and coordinate activities, assign and check work, assist with difficult or unusual tasks, and resolve problems.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and reporting.
- Determine shop priorities
- Implement measurements and generate reports of these measurements: Cost per hour, summer service costs, etc.
- Monitor all shop operations regularly. Deal with all issues that arise.
- Perform the duties of a Vehicle Craftsman or better.
- Order and maintain an appropriate inventory of parts, supplies, and equipment used in the shop(s).
- Create, justify, administer, and track the yearly operating budget.
- Prepare various reports and records
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed.
- Participate in company planning tasks related to vehicle purchases and turnover.
- Communicate regularly with department heads and immediate supervisor to plan and coordinate activities, exchange information, and resolve problems.
- Handle and monitor environmental and recycling issues.
- Implement, manage and maintain fuel system
- Manage motor pool and have accountability for damage on a daily basis.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Lifting heavy weight – 70+ lbs
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions, sometimes well below freezing
- Loud noises
- Awkward and inverted working positions
- Confined working spaces
- Excellent human relations and communication skills
- Moderate computer literacy
- High School education or equivalent
- Five + years relevant technical experience
- Five + years supervisory experience
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 442147