Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job:
The Rental Operations Manager is responsible for inventory planning and management for a group of stores across multiple markets; defines and tracks rental business performance objectives, strategy and insights to drive results within their markets in partnership with their markets’ leadership teams; monitors execution of VRR operational policies and practices and contributes to development and innovation as a member of the VRR rental operations leadership team. This role reports to the VRR Sr. Manager of Rental Operations. This position within Vail Resorts comes with high expectations that this leader will establish themselves as a genuine partner to stakeholders centrally and locally, to drive performance and ensure business objectives are met.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create rental/demo inventory plans for all rental locations within the designated markets in partnership with the markets’ Operations leadership teams and VRR Sr. Merchandise Manager to ensure all locations are appropriately inventoried to meet business objectives, and to optimize use of assets.
- Develop rental/demo purchasing plans to inform the VRR CapEx request, and execute purchasing plans on time and within budget in collaboration with the VRR Sr. Merchandise Manager.
- Plan seasonal fleet movement for all locations and provide the communication, tools, and direction needed for teams to execute successfully.
- Schedule seasonal inventory counts, monitor execution, ensure inventory management practices are followed; develop action plans in collaboration with Sr. Manager of Operations based upon shrink results.
- Use data to develop action plans and drive business results within the designated markets to in partnership with Operations leadership teams to achieve business objectives.
- Administer, develop and innovate rental operating policies and best practices for VRR as a member of the VRR Rental Best Practices Team.
- Contribute to the development of training content and programming, partner with Sr. Manager of Operations within the store group to drive and support execution of training programs.
- Drive the rental departments Journey to Zero initiative through collaboration with the operating teams, developing innovative solutions, tracking and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of retail/rental industry experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 223927