Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
We are seeking a dynamic hospitality leader with the passion for the guest experience and the drive to get the details right. Ambition and drive are key for this role. The Director, Hospitality Operations is responsible for analysis, oversight and support of hospitality operations and guest experience. This person will manage a variety of items associated with the guest experience and lodging operations including creating summary reports to distribute to various levels of the organization; to better assess the operations, guest experience, and financial state of the division. Must quickly adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks as priorities are realigned. Due to the support nature of this role and the exposure to the executive level of leadership, the ideal candidate will combine their ability to articulate issues at the highest level and their ability to coach and train.
- Oversees analytics of guest experience data for the hospitality division including daily/weekly/quarterly/annual reporting.
- Administers and oversees direction for Vail Resorts property standards program including administration of all RockResorts brand standards.
- Perform operational reviews with leadership to help analyze our portfolio’s operations to help drive operating and financial efficiencies. Run operational analytics on an as needed and requested basis.
- Attend budget reviews and provide analysis on division-wide compensation and expense initiatives
- Involvement in the H2B Visa program including correspondence between property teams, outside legal counsel, and US. Government
- Provide property-level reports and updates to VP/COO on regular basis.
- Provide overall operational support for property teams including the drafting of SOPs and process outlines in coordination with other shared services departments
- Work as liaison with external partners on new software rollouts
- Provide general support for resort and property teams.
- Lead Operational Best Practice Groups across the division.
- Multi-level Project Management and presentation experience required.
- Own and Manage the Management Acceleration Program (MAP) with recruitment efforts, on-boarding, orientation, rotation assignments, and systems management. Be the point of contact for all MAPs.
- Ensure the program is delivering the right outcomes and meeting the needs of the business and participants, strategically plan and manage rotations, develop and execute an effective communication plan to include all stakeholders, hold stakeholders accountable, and identify opportunities to grow the program.
- Play an active role in recruitment strategy and delivery, build relationships with hospitality schools to continue developing brand awareness, stay on top of trends and look for ways to enhance program to attract top talent. Partner with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Oversee the program administrative work and processes and responsible for the MAP budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field
- 5+ years hospitality leadership or related experience
- Project Management experience a plus
- Passion for the guest experience
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point skills
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Hospitality finance experience
- Vail Resorts Property experience
The budgeted range starts at $100,000 - $110,000 + annual bonus + equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We offer a variety of professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 292914