Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19
Advanced Maintenance Technician -
Job duties include:
- Administer programs involving electrical, mechanical and general construction, repair and maintenance of existing facilities and equipment. Daily checks of the Building Automation System and building mechanicals.
- Assign and verify completion of routine maintenance and operations of physical structure of property, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and affective operation of the facility
- Ensures compliance with company policy on vehicle operation. Perform daily rounds-check boilers, pools, common areas, sprinkler systems, fire pump room, fire panels.
- Visually inspect quality of work and direct staff and outside contractors in task according to performance and productivity standards
- Ensures compliance with company policy on vehicle operation.
- Insure all inspections and certifications for property equipment is completed as required.
- Maintain all Facilities and Operating Systems in a safe and efficient working order (ie. Auto doors, exit doorways, required snow/ garbage removal). Will require lifting of 20 Lbs or more.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, timely manner.
- Work with outside contractors to provide necessary improvements or maintenance as directed.
- To carry ladder up and down stairs with required tools (may exceed 20 lbs). May require lifting arms above head and shoulders to work in ceiling (i.e. small leaks, electrical shorts, replace motors).
- Maintain records of all work activities and support materials
- Provide written reports to other departments as needed.
- Provide for safe disposal of all waste material.
- Maintain tools, equipment and vehicles and keep work area in safe, secure and efficient manner.
- Work with other departments when directed.
- Keep track of supplies and fill out requisition for needed supplies.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records and schedules. Ensures compliance with company policy on vehicle operation.
- Ensure scheduling of engineering staff fits needs
- Maintain all pools and hot tubs according to OSHA standards
- Responsible for ordering parts and items necessary for repair of building and units.
- Oversee the training, counseling and discipline of engineering staff.
- Document engineering work in forms that can be directly applied to billing programAssist with preventative maintenance in common areas, back of house and guest rooms
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend to any work orders, guest requests, housekeeping requests, front desk requests, and room calls.
- Consistently provide a professional manner when handling an internal or external quests.
- To maintain assets inside and outside of guest rooms and common areas, including mechanical rooms, kitchens, HVAC, Refrigeration, ect.
- Responsible for keeping all guest amenities in working order including pools and hot tubs, sream rooms and saunas and all building maintenance.
- Perform daily rounds including checks of the fire panel, sprinkler system, boilers and common areas.
- Attend to outstanding work order requests from guests or other deparments.
- Assist with all upkeep and mechanical needs of the property.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Log all maintenance properly.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Pevious building maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbal and written.
- Basic computor knowledge required.
- Must be able to lift and move at least 50lbs.
The budgeted range starts at $23.00 - $23.50. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 293989