Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Share your passion! The Fleet Maintenance is looking for a leader who will share contagious enthusiasm for the sport and be able to ignite that passion in both guests and employees. The Fleet Maintenance Team Lead is responsible for operation of a full range of equipment. While having a strong dedication to quality and guest service. Maintain the Fleet. Build your career.
AS A FLEET MAINTENACE TEAM LEAD YOU WILL:
- Work closely and effectively communicate with the Mountain Operations Manager and other members of the Senior Leadership Team to manage a full range of equipment.
- Supervise, train, coach and assist any staff under Fleet Maintenance, and with users of equipment
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing, scheduling, reviewing, and disciplinary action/termination for all Fleet maintenance team members
- Participate in Vail Resorts Fleet Maintenance Best Practice groups, Senior Leadership Team meetings, and resort/company special events
- Manage operational budgets, payroll, and employee schedules
- Maintain, Repair, and Manage a full range of equipment
- Responsible for knowledge of OSHA regulations and training those expectations to the team
- Plan for the future development and capital improvements of all Fleet requests.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude towards other departments and maintain good relationships with co-workers.
- Enhance the guest experience through the responsibility of producing a high standard of operation.
- Proficient use of all shop Technical Diagnostic Equipment.
- Diagnosis and repair of all Fleet Electrical and Driveability issues
- Maintain and repair all related equipment to job
- Perform preventive maintenance on all related equipment to job
- Safe and efficient operation of trucks, snowmobiles and a variety of other transport vehicles
- Provide superior service to our guests (internal and external) at all times. Interact with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner
- Participate in the development of self and co-workers by assisting with hands-on training, and sharing prior work experience to help improve the operations of Fleet Maintenance and advance the skill sets of other employees
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 + years previous Fleet Maintenance experience – Required
- 3 – 5 years previous experience managing staff at a supervisory level – Required
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required
- Current, valid Driver’s License – Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age – Required
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required.
- Ability to manage time, deliver expectations and to thrive in a high-stress, rapid-changing environment
- Strong organization, interpersonal skills and proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in English) including communicating on the mountain radio
- High School graduation or equivalent – Preferred
- Ability to work extended hours in adverse weather conditions, and work overnight when/if necessary
- Ability to shovel, rake, drill snow surfaces
- Weight Lifted: 51-100lbs
- Lifting, Standing, Walking, Climbing/Balance Frequency: 2/3 of the time
- Sitting, Reaching, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling Frequency: 1/3
COMPETENCIES: These are the attributes and behaviors that Vail Resorts and Afton Alps uses to measure an individual employee’s overall effectiveness in role.
- Serve Others: Own It. Personalize It. Elevate It.
Identifies and take ownership of opportunities to assist the customer; listens and responds to customer needs to personalize the experience; is committed to elevating the customer experience; communicates clearly and effectively; is flexible to adjust plans to meet customers’ changing needs; collaborates with team members and peers; exhibits a service attitude that is engaging with customers.
- Do Right: Act with Integrity – always do the right thing, knowing it leads to the right outcome.
Follows through on commitments; is honest and trustworthy; understands and complies with company policies and procedures; considers stakeholder interests in decision making; takes ownership of actions and decisions; receptive and responsive to others’ feedback; identifies and communicates ethical concerns.
- Drive Value: Grow profit through smart and innovative business practices.
Is a positive advocate for the company; is aware of the impact of decisions and actions on company profitability; works efficiently; completes tasks accurately and manages time well; strives for continual improvement and growth; is open to and suggests new ideas; uses company resources appropriately; demonstrates financial discipline.
- Do Good: Preserve our natural environment and contribute to the success of our local communities.
Has an awareness of the company’s Epic Promise program; considers the environmental and community impact of decisions and actions; takes actions in support of the company’s environmental initiatives; understands the company’s connection with our local communities.
- Be Safe: Be committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and Guests.
Promotes a culture of health and safety; takes personal accountability for the safety of self and others; understands and communicates safety procedures and expectations; utilizes all relevant safety resources; identifies and appropriately reports risk.
- Have Fun: Fun is our product – create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
Shares enthusiasm for our products and services; is able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude; inspires others and integrates fun into the work environment; is approachable and welcoming to customers; promotes an engaging, inclusive atmosphere.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 288347