Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Service is this foundation of everything we stand for at Vail Resorts and our Cooks are no exception to this experience of a lifetime. Cooks are an integral part of the culinary staff responsible for assisting the kitchen alongside the Chef, promoting teamwork amongst staff, maintaining food quality and safety to ensure an exceptional dining experience for our guests.
- Outlets: Mansfield Base Lodge, Octagon, Midway, Spruce Camp and Cliff House
- Starting Wage: $22 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Other Specifics: Housing
Understand the use and operation of kitchen equipment, tools and accessories for use and to train other kitchen staff
Adhere to and enforce applicable standards for facility and food preparation, cleanliness, and sanitation to ensure a high-quality work environment and guest experience.
Maintain knowledge of current menu items and their ingredients
1-2 years of relevant work experience; supervisory kitchen experience preferred.
Strong knowledge of cooking techniques, practices and food safety; ServSafe certifications a plus
Ability to stand and walk continuously for extended periods of time
Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Ability to work well and communicate with others in a fast-paced environment under pressure
The budgeted range starts at $22. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 456787