Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Update: Year Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
The Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value.? We are creating a new fully centralized Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing company of 37 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United States, 55,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of over $9 billion. We are transforming our FP&A organization to bring best-in-class insight generation, data-driven decision-making support and financial management to Vail Resorts – the ski industry’s global leader.
Our team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver against the Company’s biggest value opportunities. We are creating a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and progression. ?This is an opportunity to join the FP&A team at a critical inflection point and shape how we do business into the future.
The Hospitality Principal Analyst will operate “in the middle of it all” and develop key insights around the most critical hospitality trends impacting the business. S/he will oversee the development of the business’ plans tied to strategic priorities and build data-driven connections between our financial results, our strategy, and the analysis and synthesis of that into key messages for senior leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: ?
- Perform detailed and complex analyses and visualize data into compelling presentations with synthesized and impactful insights to support enterprise decision-making and value creation.
- Combine superb analytical and business knowledge to develop a high level perspective on business performance and trends with an ability to adapt approach based on the audience
- Develop productive partnerships with FP&A teams (Financial Analytics Center of Excellence (COE), Central Reporting, and Divisional FP&A) to ensure collaboration in delivering financial insights.
- Provide thought leadership across FP&A process execution, along with forecasting and identification and management of risks and opportunities (R&Os).
- Drive process improvements aimed at creating scalability and efficiencies across FP&A.
- Deliver prioritized analysis and insights around major business drivers for Executive Committee members and Finance leadership covering results, pacing, leading indicators, forecast updates, and R&Os in collaboration with the Analytics COE and Divisional FP&A.
- Provide support and training for operational business leaders to build business acumen and accountability.
- Coordinate with Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate monthly close.
- Approach and behavior—cultural characteristics:
- Strong curiosity in tackling complex business problems; dives deeply into the data, relentlessly pursues what it means, and how these insights drive decision making.
- Comfortable operating in financial systems and spreadsheets, and equally comfortable leveraging his/her capabilities to work independently.
- Strong learning agility.? Enjoys and excels in environments where s/he must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree required in Finance and/or Economics; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or CFA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience or 5+ years with MBA.
- Demonstrated aptitude and success in financial modeling, insight generation/analysis and executive communications.
- Experience executing core FP&A processes, including annual budgeting, long-term strategic planning, and enterprise communications.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and recommendations, and communicate effectively in presentations by developing the “story.”
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture."
- Service industry (hospitality, restaurants, etc.) experience a plus.
- Preferred skills:
- High intellect and ambition.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high degree of diplomacy and composure
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint and industry standard financial systems (i.e., reporting and planning tools like PeopleSoft, Host Analytics, Tableau, etc.).
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213390