Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This is a great opportunity for those who love working outside, golfing in the Tetons and having Fun!
The Grounds worker, under the supervision of the assistant superintendent or foreman, performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance; do semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered equipment; and occasionally perform work involving large equipment such as tractors, loaders and mowers,. Each groundskeeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance of several designated holes on the golf course and does related work as required in a time sensitive manner with regard to maximizing efficiency and quality.
This is a summer position until the end of October. We are looking for part-time & full-time candidates. Discounted Housing Provided for full-time positions.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains all golf course grounds with great attention to detail.
- Operate mowers, string trimmers and hand tools in the daily maintenance of greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides; edges cart paths; bunker edges, rakes maintains sand bunkers.
- Maintains, removes weeds and cares for clubhouse grounds and landscaping in a timely and efficient manner.
- Sets tee markers, and maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris from greens, tees, cart paths with use of blower or sweeper; sands and seeds tee and drop area divots.
- Assists with all opening and closing procedures of the golf course. Including, but not limited to, removal of leaves, aerification cores, tree maintenance, installation and removal of deer barrier and bunker maintenance.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Physical strength, stamina and agility.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and successful MVR completion.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Self-motivation and ability to work well with others will benefit a person in this position.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Previous work experience in landscape or golf course maintenance capacity.
- Working knowledge of and ability to properly use hand tools, power tools and mowing equipment.
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 335148