Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
Year Round Intermediate Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic
As a Kirkwood Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic, it is your responsibility to execute our safety best practices to the best of your ability, as well as maintain a friendly and positive attitude every day, with all guests and employees. We are an internal based guest service department we want to make sure we leave our customers with a positive experience.
There are many perks with the job including free season pass, a great benefits package etc. Our mission is to provide an “Experience of a Lifetime” for both our guests and employees alike.
- Pisten Bully and Prinoth Snowcats
- Yamaha and Ski-Doo Snowmobiles
- Heavy Equipment-Caterpiller/John Deere
- Light Duty Trucks-Ford/Chevy/GMC
- Cutaway Shuttle Buses
- Small Engine Equipment
- Gas / Diesel Engine Repair and Diagnosis
- Drive Train Repair and Diagnosis
- Electrical Repair and Diagnosis
- Brake System Repair and Diagnosis
- Steering and Suspension Repair and Diagnosis
- Preventative Maintenance on Fleet Vehicles
- Snow Cat Fleet Maintenance, Repair and Diagnosis
- Shop Cleanliness
- Spill Prevention
- Training Assistance with Entry Level Employees
- Ordering and Inventory
- Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years vehicle maintenance experience specific to the types of vehicles in our fleet – Required
- Must have own tools and be willing to purchase more as necessary – Required
- Mechanical aptitude – Preferred
- Must Have or obtain a valid driver’s license / clean DMV record. - Required
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly - Required
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (primary shop is on-mountain and work is often outdoors) - Required
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends - Required
- Must have high school degree or equivalent - Required
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English – Preferred
- Follow all shop safety practices and dress code.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to hit our goals and expectations.
- Communicate with department heads and employees regarding equipment problems and repairs
- Document all work done and parts on work orders-Required
This position typically work 40 hours per week in the summer and 48 hours per week in the winter and is eligible for an attractive benefit package.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213787