Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Manages the overall day-to-day operation of a retail store. This position is responsible for merchandising, financial management, sales staff supervision and overall store management. Oversees hiring, training, coaching and scheduling of store personnel. Responsible for sales generation and growth, inventory control, controllable expenses, cash management, merchandising, loss prevention and store appearance.
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage and meet labor and operational budget
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies, guidelines, core values and competencies
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, coach, and maintain a quality core staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Train staff on POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis
- Maintain all company paperwork and safety standards according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3 years of retail experience required
- 2 years of management experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook
- English fluency
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced sales environment
- Knowledgeable of customer service and sales techniques
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems
The budgeted range starts at $40,500-$60,250. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 279487