Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stevens Pass, WA
The Senior Manager of Lift Maintenance provides oversight and leadership of all lift maintenance operations management inclusive of the people, processes, budgeting and capital execution of the department. As a member of the Mountain Operations senior management team the position assists in the development, communication and implementation of resort goals & initiatives.
- Accountable for all lift maintenance operations goals while contributing to overall resort and corporate goals and initiatives.
- Create and oversee departmental budgets while tracking performance expectations.
- Lead Stevens Pass Lift Maintenance employee and guest safety efforts.
- Develop leaders within the lift maintenance organization to improve leadership within current roles and to prepare for increased responsibility and succession.
- Directly manage the establishment of goals and development plans and the evaluation of performance for direct reports and oversee these processes for the entire lift maintenance team.
- Build strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders outside of direct reports; including the community, USFS and other regulatory agencies.
- Maintain subject matter expert status in lift maintenance and be proactive in industry trends and potential impacts on and opportunities for Stevens Pass Resort.
- Partner with Health and Safety Manager to create Emergency Response Plan. Train to the plan and act as Incident Commander for emergency situations.
- Ensure company records are updated and necessary permits are in place for continued operation.
- Increase operational efficiency and effectiveness through on-going intra and inter-departmental communication and cooperation.
- Actively participate in Lift Maintenance best practice groups.
- Lead the mountain operations efforts to improve employee safety and eliminate employee work comp incidents.
- Lead the effort to eliminate vehicle incidents within the mountain operations team, including reducing use of snowmobiles.
- Prioritize and adapt in a constantly changing business and environmental setting.
- Act as Vail Resorts representative with the local community as necessary.
- 15 years in the Ski Industry, Advanced skiing/riding ability
- 5 years within Senior Leadership managing multiple departments
- Standard Microsoft Office applications
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, written & verbal communication; Strong Public Speaker
- Knowledge of explosives, handling of hazardous materials and compliance of areas of oversight through regulatory agencies.
- Prior Vail Resorts experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Success Factors
- College Degree
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212407